Friday, May 20, 2011

Little Hills Winery and Restaurant Review


If you got the Morgan's Deal the other day for the Little Hills Winery and Restaurant, I think you are going to be very happy.

My husband and I went there last weekend and took the little one. It's a quaint little restaurant on Main Street in St Charles - down by the river.

I got the Lobster Ravioli and I was impressed! It was delicious! It was a nice size bowl of lobster stuffed ravioli and included in the sauce were pieces of lobster, scallops and large shrimp! These weren't tiny pieces, they were nice size pieces. I was extremely pleased. I will be going back again!

My daughter is only 2 and it wasn't on the menu, but our waitress told us about the new toasted ravioli kids meal and that is what she got. She was happy with her meal as well. I got her a fruit cup to go with it and it was a nice big bowl of fantastically fresh fruit that she was more than happy to eat.

My husband was a little disappointed that they no longer had chili or waffle fries that were advertised in the menu (they said that they are in the process of changing the menu and the new ones weren't printed yet), but he was happy with his sandwich none the less.

All in all, it was a great experience and we will go back (especially for the lobster ravioli!).

I hope you guys got in on that Morgan's Deal and you get to go try it out too. Let us know what you get and if it was tasty so we know what to try too.

One tip - do not let them sit you in the room on the side right in front of the fire place! It was a chilly rainy day on the day we went and we were sitting right by the door. They used that door 10 or more times during our dinner and each time when the door closed a very cold wind blew over us and the table. I will definitely know not to sit there next time especially with a 2 year old.

This is my own personal review. I was not compensated in any way for this review. I just wanted to let you guys know what I thought of the place since I know some of you got this deal as well.

Image credit - Little Hills Winery and Restaurant website

No comments: